Monday, April 25, 2016

Where did she 'Gogh'?

I know that I've been missing for a few days and that I had every intention of updating my loved ones daily. Let's just say, the beginning of my journey started off a bit rocky, and that I've been busy ever since. As everyone knows me is aware, I can be a very clumsy girl. When I got to Scotland, I was so sick from transferring planes several times, that I could barely gather myself together. In fact, I got sick, tried to brush my teeth (but accidentally used soap) put my coat in the sink while doing so (and the water turned on) and then sprawled myself out on the grass in the middle of nowhere like a dying animal. Thank heavens the rest of the trip, so far, has not only been smooth sailing, but undeniably perfect.

I gathered with the clan on the night of arrival after gathering myself together. We all met for dinner at Fanny Trollopes, and it was so comfortable from the very start. It also felt surreal to meet all of the lovely people that I've been in contact with for the last six years. I value nothing in this world more than my family, both here and gone, and they have all helped to give me the spark of bravery that I needed in order to execute this sojourn.

While in Glasgow for three days, I had a bucket list of items that I wanted to complete, and did. One of the items on that list was the Kelvingrove Museum. I had read about the display of the hanging heads of human expression, and wanted to stare up at them until my neck couldn't take it anymore. I had read a book once about Vincent Van Gogh, and really have felt an affinity for him ever since, and was elated to see his paintings for the first time in my life. To be able to be up close and personal with his work was truly a joy for me, and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I could truly marvel at something. In fact, my entire stay in the city of Glasgow has been full of marvels.

Here is a brief synopsis of what I was up to while in Glasgow: I attended the underground concert of a talented Scottish band called Dropkick, and had an amazing time. I ate blood pudding, haggis, fish & chips, ran all around the city, soaked up the architecture, and met such really wonderful people and formed bonds and friendships that will remain in my heart and memories forever.



* * * * * * *






3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun. Nice meeting you. Please take a look at my adventure Kinkaid Photo Art on Instagram
    -Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete